Monday, June 11, 2012

Dragon's breath

Ah, the humidity...two layers of clouds acted as a blanket, keeping the temperature unpleasantly warm....

The moon, wedged shaped and ghostly, could be spotted as the wind attempted to blow away the whispy lower clouds.

So little was stirring, I began to think of time. I cannot tell the time by the amount of daylight or the angle of the sun. But it is possible, perhaps to know by which birds are singing or how many dogs bark on the way to and from the park. Then there is the message of the newspapers - are they thrown? have they been retrieved?

My inconsistency does not help. I have developed no summer routine as the work schedule changed, so I cannot know that running man usually arrives at 6:15 while banana man zooms in at 6:30. I can only guess.

It is too muggy to think of such things, perhaps I need to plan my seed saving this a.m. Flowers are blooming-out. The meadows are drying and seed will soon start to scatter. What is the best method to gather and insure I know what is what? How can I be the least intrusive and allow enjoyment of the final blooming before blasted heat?

Padimus recognizes my distraction and walks beside me with little hesitation or attempt to pull away for some interesting smell or buzzing/jumping insect (she adores crickets and cicadas).

A few of the older neighbors are out in their yards on our return trip home. We are one dog bark early today.


(wild petunias bloom along the way - in the park and in neglected yards)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.