Saturday, January 12, 2013

Sick, rain, deer at dusk

I have been sick. I don't have the energy to keep the pups from dragging me down the street so I am waiting.

Our only walk this week was on Wednesday. We walked two blocks down and two blocks back in pouring rain - twice. Each pup got their own short walk followed by a rigorous towel dry upon returning home.

Water ran in rivers along the curbs. It rushed into the storm sewers. It dripped off the edges of street signs and leaves and washed away the drought for a while.

Notes:

I did see a deer herd crossing the road on my way home from work on Thursday.
It was scary-fabulous.
Fortunately, I have seen them cross at this location before.
I think of it every time I drive that road at dusk and I slow down.
Just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.