Monday, August 13, 2012

Early to work


My walk today was around the house and to the recycling before work.

There were creatures in the dark including the neighbor's grey cat.

A Sphinx moth hovered near the trumpet vine. The cigar shaped body of this moth seems too large, too heavy for the fluttering wings. It looks in constant danger of falling as it struggles to light on a wall or window screen. It is one of my favorite large moths - the markings on its wings strikingly beautiful.

copyright Maureen Wilks, 2007 from Insects in my Backyard



The sliver of a waning moon shined over my house with a planet (Venus?) near. The moon and star pattern, familiar to us all, is special to me.



Moon and a star (but really a planet - don't tell)


Morning at my house


Another view of this fine day

Good morning.




Sunrise over the river bridge




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.