Friday, August 10, 2012

70 cars late (views from a walk in the sunlight)


We count cars on our trip to the park only. A "normal" morning is about 20 cars....Today we walked in "rush hour" - between 7 and 8 a.m. We were 70 cars late.

It was a warm and uneventful walk - not counting the big black dog rolling around in the dirt. as we neared the park.

We waived to and spoke with friends and neighbors along the way - the lady of the beautiful flowers, Dewayne and Sissy, and one of the elders of the community. [He is an identical twin. I never know if it is the Baptist or Methodist brother. But they are everyone's "great uncles."  I have had one tell me, "I think you have mistaken me for my brother" and then he continue the conversation for a few minutes anyway.]

I arrived home as my cell phone rang. Morning walks are NEVER interrupted by the phone, but it is a weekend and we have been expecting word from the children about visits and vacations.

I answered.


The count:

70 cars
1 big black dog
1 bicycle
1 motorcycle
LOTS of people in the park

PS All attempts to get a good photo of Mohawk dog are failures. He is not amused by cameras and his gang helps block attempts as well. Below is the best I could do.



Master weaver in the woods.
The near meadow and its ready harvest of wild grass.
The prairies must have been like this.

Dogs in the meadow...note grass seed on Padimus...
Mohawk dog
Zinnias. I may have to plant some next year.

Bicycle...is there a bike album coming?











No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.