Saturday, June 30, 2018

The Bits - Just What We Needed

Never try to outstubborn a cat.
~ Robert A. Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Her photo was posted by a friend...twice.

Bitty Kitty
The second time I handed DH my computer to see her.

"We've certainly done stupider things," he replied.*

This sweet girl was not able to continue living with her family. These things happen. We communicated with her "mom" to let her know all was well and she would be in another loving family.

She's upstairs in the guest room with all her gear...food, water, litter box, tree,** and more.
I've seen her a few times. She keeps hiding in the closets and under the beds.

Some of this isn't my stuff!
You can see how this is CAT PARADISE!
"Darn. Now she knows I hide in here. Gotta find another spot."
We know she will adjust and are giving her time.

I've spent hours in that room - watching Netflix and cleaning out closets and boxes.*** I figure she will get used to me eventually. I continue to come in and shake the treat bag.
Watch this space.

NOTES:

*This actually means "SAY YES!" [He has a dry delivery.] His mantra - "never get excited on your first hitch."  

**Have you ever put together a cat tree? This one arrived partially "together" with directions. I had to take it completely apart and rebuild it. It is blue - my favorite color. It reminds one of a deconstructed/reconstructed Muppet. Of course, I did two parts incorrectly and will have to try again - just not today...and it is too tall for the room, so there are extra parts stored until it comes downstairs (if it comes downstairs). 

All the parts were there!
Love the look of it all. Note: NO photo of the finished work. :-(
***I've needed to work on (organize) those rooms anyway. DH keep encroaching...his man cave spilling over - just sayin'. [Okay. And my office boxes are still there. And all the empty boxes one saves when a new appliance arrives -just in case.] So keeping Bits company while she adjusts serves as a good excuse to resolve other issues.


********************UPDATE**********************

At bedtime I thought I should check my email and talk to BK one last time before sleep. And, she was ready to play. 

She "marked me" (you do know that's what cats are doing when they rub up against you) and jumped in my lap to "knead" me (her mama saved her a a tiny baby - hence the name and the kneading). She licked my hand and spoke to me - just once. Then she settled in the desk chair and finished grooming (she had started while sitting with me). 

She is eating and drinking and using her litter box. We are well on the way to settling in. Hurrah!


Bitty and me.
Well, this is awkward!
"Meow" - "My chair now."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.