Sunday, June 10, 2018

Find Your Park

I find peace where the sun kissed leaves dance
 in the melody of the cool breeze 
that floats through the air. 

~ Saim Cheeda

Coleto Creek, Victoria
Miller Springs, Belton
Finding a Father's Day gift was going to be easy - or so I thought. We would support the National Park Foundation and purchase some T-shirts (don't judge - it's what we wear now). So I ordered one for my brother, one for DH, and one for me. But then I found it. It is a simple shirt with a simple message, "Encuentra Tu Parque."

Cameron Park, Waco
"Find Your Park" is the current buzz phrase for the national parks. I love my local parks. And I love this message - in Spanish and in English.

Yettie Polk, Belton
I have recently seen a number of news stories relating incidents of people being attacked for speaking Spanish and I knew that I needed this shirt. And I have added the phrase here. I have also practiced my response in the event someone asks me questions or makes a comment, "No comprendo."

Berry Springs, Georgetown
So there you go! Love your brothers. Love your parks. Find your park. Encuentra tu parque.

Hocking Hills State Park, Ohio

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.