Thursday, May 12, 2016

What a difference a friend makes!

One of my friends and I have started meeting in the park and walking a couple of miles. We think we will hold each other accountable. Said another way - each of us can talk ourselves out of walking alone, but will not cancel on the other. Hey, whatever works. A friend can make the difference-in so many things.

Today the sun was peeking through the clouds and we stopped to take a few photos. We walked the same path we had before, but backwards (actually forwards, but in the opposite direction) so we got a different view.

Sunrise in the park can be a lovely thing.

We talked a bit. I always have a story. But my friend pays attention to everything. It was she who first noticed the red-headed woodpecker who flew past us - from one of the pecan trees down to the river.








NOTES:

After the walk we treated ourselves to breakfast. It was simple, but good.

I ordered the kids' breakfast and changed it all up. My friend got oatmeal. I won!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.