Monday, May 23, 2016

New leaf, new flowers...



Most of my friends have set "fitness goals." I want to have more stamina. So I've set some goals too.* I will walk with one friend most mornings and see if I can keep that up. I was ready to end it today - already humid at 7 a.m. You could have rung me out like a washrag at the end of the walk.

But there's always something to see in the park. The leatherflowers had started blooming. That always "joys me up." 

First bloom of leatherflower vine this year.
A few buds promise more.
I mentioned all the vines at the edge of the woods, but forgot to mention poison ivy. We've got plenty of that too.

During the walk along the river path we were joined by 3 or 4 squirrels. They were everywhere. We may have issues with squirrels at our house, but they are entertaining under the oaks and pecans in the park.

The squirrels played tag, birds flew, and mosquitoes contemplated attack.

We finished sweaty and a bit winded. A mile and a half is a good walk - for a start.

Toadstool in my yard. No toad.

NOTES:

*We must record our stats and then food and exercise. I am not sure how well this will work unless the recording starts to move more quickly. It is good to keep an eye on consumption, I guess. Those calories add up fast and subtract slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.