Friday, February 10, 2017

The Bully

There he was this morning...the bully.

I don't know his heritage...he is small and feisty. His family allows him out with no supervision. And he is a mouthy little bugger.

We have always tried to avoid him in the past. I don't enjoy fights.

If he was simply protecting his yard, I wouldn't be a critic. But this guy wanders all around the block. He comes at you long before his property and follows you after...blustering.

Today he came barking at us and we noticed "the cone of shame." What was going on here?

As he ran at us with his cranky/raspy bark we noticed he was not steady on his....oh my goodness! He was unsteady on his three legs!

What happened?

He left rear leg was removed at the hip joint.

Apparently he thought he was tougher than a car and the car wasn't afraid of him.

We were not afraid before (he's all bark) and are not now.... While we have to deal with the dog, the real culprits here are the owners.

I kinda feel sorry for the bully.


(OK. I know you want a photo. I will repost when I get one.)

2 comments:

  1. So sad about that feisty little dude. Culprits indeed. He could also be a Houdini.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, he is an inside dog. They let him out. He is (and they are) well known in the neighborhood.

      Delete

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.