Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Last big walk before the cold - fog, wet dog, wet feet...

Quite a different look from the sunrise photo of a few days ago.

We had a number of foggy days last week. Zelda and I made it to the park a couple of times and we have called DH to join us a couple of times.

Fog starting to burn off as the sun comes up.
Zelda ignores the fog and dampness.

Zelda loves to race around the soccer fields and smell all the smells. She often catches a whiff of the herd and follows it to a deer trail at the edge of the brushy bit between the park and the fields we once walked (before all the "no trespassing" signs went up).


Don't you dare go down that trail!

 After Zelda made a few good "racing circles" I noticed DH arriving. He began to walk across the expanse of short grass. Z stopped, sat, and watched. She is not much of a guard or watch dog. She doesn't bark and wouldn't protect herself, much less me, from a threat. But she waited...and waited...and then recognized him.

Who is that man headed our way?
DH and Z


She's his dog. I thought she was going to be my companion, but she simply humors me. He is the one she wants to be near and listens to. He is the one she watches for.

Still, it is nice to have a walking partner even if I know she is really waiting for him to join us. As long as she minds and he brings coffee, I can live with it.

Don't distract me right now, lady.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.