Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Cujo and other weirdness - kind of early to be fishing

We were up and walking before the papers were thrown this morning. Realizing that, we noted the one neighbor who had not picked up yesterday's paper. Further down the street the garage door was open at the cat man's old house where the artist, Jane, now lives. The car was in the garage. She never leaves the garage open. So I will be checking on these folks today. After the news of yesterday,* I am once again reminded that we are neighbors and need to pay a little more attention.

We also saw signs of a large - big - HUGE dog wandering loose. I won't go into too many details, but the paws were as big as my fist. How do I know this? Well, at the top of the hill near the park is a storm drain. The sidewalk is uneven there and dirt collects in the corners. We are careful there (we have slipped there multiple times when not paying attention). There in the mud was the print - Cujo.

See the print to the right of my foot? [I wear a size 9 folks!] ~ CUJO ~

I was glad to have DH walking along today.**

We have had storms over the past few days and the signs were everywhere. One of the big trees in the woods is now stacked in pieces along the roadway.***



We walked almost to the pavilion before turning around. Just after we turned I saw headlights from the far end of the parking lot. I had not noticed a car until then. A sedan drove away followed by a pickup. Wonder what was up with that. It is not unusual to see vehicles in the park. Walkers and runners and dog trainers often would share the place with us. [And we are no longer law-breakers. The hours of the park have been expanded - formerly the ridiculous 8:00 a.m. to something or other and now 5:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.]Still, most folks park in the well lighted area at the front of the park, not in the dark far lot.

Of course, fishermen might park closer to the small deck/pier, but this was kind of early to be fishing.

Once again I told DH I was relieved he joined the pups and me.

So here's my list:

1. Check on the house where the papers weren't picked up****
2. Check on Jane*****
3. Beware of a big footed dog wandering in the neighborhood******

NOTES:

*http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/skeletal-remains-twin-brothers-found-tennessee-home-article-1.1748267

** He knows better to skip his usual morning run. Maybe he wanted to come with us today.

***These neighbors finally picked up their old newspapers. Still, the cars aren't being moved and I haven't seen any people. I will keep watching.

****Jane came to the door and thanked me for being worried about her. She left the garage door open by accident. Whew!

*****BIG tree trunks.
These are the larger stumps. The other wood was picked up before we could take a picture.


****** There were chickens loose across the street when I ran errands at lunch yesterday. I am less concerned with an attack chicken, than a big dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.