Sunday, April 21, 2013

Ignoring the chores today...

Woke at 3 a.m. and had such a tough time getting back to sleep. So I didn't really worry about subsequently sleeping late and and getting a slow start on this day that was to be full of chores.

Our walk was marred by parents hurrying to drop kids off at the park. It was 7:30 in the morning (I should have written that in all caps) and it was already impossible to cross the street from the sidewalk to the park. [This prompted a discussion of whether or not we will be able to retire and stay where we are as we are both becoming impatient cranky older people.]

Oh, did I mention that DH slept late as well? He did. So he was stuck with humoring me and walking the pups.

I had planned to check out the wildflowers in the meadows, but I gave up any such thought as we were dodging all the "mommy cars" (sorry, but this is our family name for the Suburbans, SUVs and station wagons) delivering precious cargo to the playing fields. We just went home.

I did get a photo of some pecan leaves budding out that I will share here. I am also including snaps of the spear grass growing on the corner (for my dear sister) and the buds and blooms in my yard. We have been blessed by the rain and we are enjoying each flowering thing.

[After a hike around the courthouse square with purchases of veggies, bread and mustard at the farmers' market I hiked the gem and mineral show. I totally used up my "chore" time and will just have to work a little harder tomorrow. Stay tuned.]

Pecan trees budding out

Spear grass!
Louisiana iris

More bearded iris (and the chaos of the yard showing) about to bloom

Another Louisiana iris

Yet another bearded iris about to bloom

NOTE: With these spring rains we have had 4 or 5 different purple bearded iris (and 3 other colors), 3 German iris, 2 Louisiana iris, one amaryllis (two scapes) and multiple other plants bloom. I just need to clean up the stray pots and things and mow. There is also trimming and weeding to be done, but I am going to ignore that for now...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.