Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Close call(s)

You know how you start to leave the house or the office and something calls you back or distracts you for a few minutes? Most of the time you just talk to yourself about being more organized in the future or ignoring the irritating delay the next time.

But sometimes you wonder if the hand of fate just gave you a little shove backwards - a little protective nudge. Don't you?

Sunday, I had to clean up some work at the barn. One thing after another delayed my leaving the house. As I drove across the river bridge (near the park) I was forced to slow down for the flashing lights and cars scattered along the roadway ahead of me, the remainder of a wreck. It was a strange place for an accident. Visibility is clear. The road curves in spots some distance to the north and the south, but I was at a loss to understand an accident.

And my distraction/procrastination/delay kept me out of the chaos.

Yesterday, I left the office after a late consult with a co-worker and then a quick return to the office to lock a back door accidentally left open by another. As I approached my car I saw the flashing lights of emergency vehicles only a block away - in the path I would have taken home. The paramedics were still loading gurneys into ambulances as I passed the site.

Today I picked up that penny shining up at me as I walked the puppies. You never know...

Embrace the delay...




Much, much later...and JUST IN TIME:

Walker was home to catch up with oh so many things this afternoon. And the lightning flashed and thunder crashed. And a fightened Padimus cowered in the yard (Paddy really hates thunder). Both pups are safe inside now - out of the weather and noise.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.