Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Change

Change, like healing, takes time.
~ Veronica Roth



The roaring in my ears is not the traffic, not the wind. It is a strange echo as this virus slowly leaves my head and sinus cavities. There is pressure, but no ache.

Zelda and I walked out into the fall this morning. I don't remember the last time I left the house - 5 days?

The seasons have changed.

Oh, yes, it had all started before I fell ill, but the colors and sights were like a small present. The red and yellow leaves welcomed me outside. The fall birds sang from the phone wires and one tiny flower bloomed from the disturbed earth in the neighborhood park.

Zelda acted as if she were stalking squirrels until she saw the children on their way to the bus stop. She is such a sweet girl. She looks, smells the air and then sits and waits as if these children will come to her if she waits long enough. They cannot come today - they cannot miss the bus - they cannot miss school.

We have things to do as well and head home, leaves crunching under foot.


Tiny happy purple flower.
Redstem Filaree
Acorns, oak leaves and galls




2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of Zelda girl waiting for the kids to come to her. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so sad, though. They cannot come over. And these are bigger kids...too cool. But the smaller kids wave to her from the car windows.

      Delete

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.