Sunday, August 12, 2018

The Ponds are Back (sort of)

What is a weed? 
A plant whose virtues 
have yet to be discovered.
 - Ralph Waldo Emerson

After all the showers we have had we found ourselves driving out to the ponds on Witter Lane. On the first trip, DH drove allowing me to jump out with the cell phone and get a couple of photos. I was driving today so that changed the dynamics a bit.

We saw masses of doves yesterday and 7 cattle egrets.

Today I saw a Great Egret and a Great Blue Heron in the turtle pond, but they few before I could get a photo. So much for bringing the new camera with me.

Tiny bees in the Prickly Poppy blooms.
This little piggy was out of its pen eating acorns under the oak. We were reassured by neighbors they would return to their pen once they had eaten their fill.
Cattle Egrets
Dingo?
No...chihuahua-something mix. We have only seen it this one time.
In two weeks I'll be gone for 3. It's the cusp of fall. Everything will have changed by the time I come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.