Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cold battery, warm heart

DH and I grumped and growled as we rose this morning. We are starting to sound our age...coughing, sneezing and groaning as we warm up our lungs and muscles and joints as we prepare for the walk. We see the dogs go through a similar "warm-up" stretching and sniffing and then acquiescing to the  leash.

Today we walked towards the neighborhood within our neighborhood to get a few photos for the upcoming holiday. We found what we were looking for and more. One can navigate by the flag poles in our local cemetery. I am not sure what the "rules" are now, but this place has fences and arbors, benches, flag poles, solar lights, bird houses, chimes, and all kinds of other decorations/mementos throughout. It is a good sized place and a little confusing. Some few landmarks assist, but I often find myself lost.

DH and the babbies waited patiently enough.

We walked home past the elementary school and one house where we noticed a new dog in the yard. Paddy noticed too. More and more fretful in her old age, she whimpered and stayed close to DH.

Just past the names in the sidewalk (rotten neighborhood kids - some I know) we turned for home.

It was a good walk on this cool and damp morning. The just-past full moon slowly settled in the western sky. Clouds hid much of the sunrise until we were headed out of the "memorial park."

Full-ish moon this morning.



NOTE: This is primarily a "note to self." Perhaps if I write it down I will remember and follow through and form a habit. My new camera is fabulous, but it still requires a battery. These batteries lose charge fairly quickly - especially in the cold. I need to check the battery every time I pick up the camera (and carry a spare in a warm pocket). Today I took almost all the photos I needed before the camera shut down. I took the battery out and held it in my hand to warm it a bit. I got two more shots, but they were rushed and not what I wanted. I drove back with a fresh battery for some nice photos, but there were things missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.