Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Behold the golden morning*

On this beautiful golden morning, the pups and I headed to the park for a quick "stretch of the legs." We spoke to some of our new neighbors (one was the woman who offered me the bag for pecans a few days ago) and some of our old friends. Running man was on his way back from the park. AND WE SAW BANANA MAN! We have missed our friend, David. He must be walking much later than before so our late start gave us the opportunity to exchange greetings with him. It was such a treat to see him and know he is OK.

We continue to appreciate the amazing  colors of fall - so much yellow, orange and red...it was truly a "golden" morning.

You can see from the position of the sun that we started late.

Parts of the neighborhood walk are lovely.

Yellow leaves.

The park woods along the barrier fence (that's a no trespassing sign on the lower right).

A slightly closer look at those colors!

Yes, I love old fence posts and barbed wire (or "barbwar" as they say in the south).

Gorgeous.

Red on green.

Red on blue.

The dogs heard something in the woods.

Look at that sweet face. I think Scruffy is looking for a cookie.

Sweet Paddy-girl.


NOTES:
* Google has abandoned me. This is from one of my favorite modern hymns, but I cannot find it online. I will properly cite when I find information.

Later - Golden Morning, words and music by Gary Ault, copyright FEL, 1971 - Copyright appears to be owned now by Dennis J. Fitzpatrick after FEL disbanded as a corporation. This is leading to a long trip down the rabbit trail of folk liturgy and liturgical music. I will be looking. [And yes, I am the girl who swiped the hymnal and still knew where to find it.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.