Saturday, September 1, 2012

zen of the barn

Walk:
My walk today was back and forth from table to kiln, kiln to slab roller, slab roller to table. In between there were trips to the sink.

Wedging:

I have not wedged clay in months. I felt it, feel it, and will continue to feel it in my neck and arms - good pain.

Assembly line:

63 doves are nearing completion.

Final count:
14 extra doves drying
7 practice/experimental doves drying
2 frogs, 1 goldfish, 1 pumpkin, 6 doves, 2 "Texas," glaze firing (first kiln in months too)
2 frogs, 1 goldfish, 1 test tile, 57 doves waiting for the next kiln
4 tables with my stuff unloaded on them (It is a holiday. I will clean up before the weekend ends.)
1 brain emptied and then filled with possibilities

Meditation:
I sat and let all things go save the clay before me - rolling, cutting, cleaning, and finishing. I rubbed out the unwanted marks with my finger. Soon I am anonymous as my fingerprints are rubbed away by the work. Be the clay. I was the clay. I am the clay.

The time passed unmarked until I finished and realized I could start no additional work this day.

1 comment:

  1. I hope readers understand the "I am the clay" comment was for my crazy DH who often says stuff like "Read the roadmap? Are you kidding? Just BE the road."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.