Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Street Art and Such

Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.
 ~Pablo Picasso


There were a number of murals and the like, but I limit this post to the "other" stuff. I was elated to see very little graffiti.* Still, there were some treats. 


It's a lie. A rat in Clifden, County Galway.
I love this rat. I'm going to have to see what I can find out more. I wonder if this is the same artist whose "work" we saw last year.

This is more a planned mural with a feel of street art, I suspect. Gort, County Galway.
What do you think?


NOTE:

*Only a couple of towns had any - and very little. And while there was some damage in graveyards, I suspect the "Tidy Towns" program - it's a competition - has made a big difference in the overall appearance of things. Of course, maybe it also has something to do with "locked Ireland." There are gates and locks everywhere where once most churches, churchyards, and ruins were wide open. That is no longer the case. I suspect insurance and concern over theft/damage.


And here is the graffiti, shared to document, but shared below the footnotes. Disrespected.

The walking path in Westport, County Mayo. There was a bit more here than elsewhere.
And this thing in Clifden, County Galway,  looks a bit like a gang tag over a children's art wall. It makes me sad.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.