Thursday, December 29, 2016

Save me...

...from the rabid dust bunnies.*

This retirement thing has not exactly gone according to plan. I was supposed to do this cleaning and sorting and divesting much earlier than this. Life and then attitude got in the way.**

So, I had some time this week when I wouldn't be disturbing DH. He hates the vacuum. I  would be at home much of the time as cannot leave Zelda long. She frets and eats the door frames. She hates the crate. So, I have been sorting and boxing up things that need to go away. I have been filling the "shred" boxes as well as the recycling bin. I am starting to see some progress.***

I'm also getting packages ready to mail. Some are only a week late. Others are embarrassingly late.

<Sigh>

When Zelda and I need a break, we have been heading outside for a crunch through the fallen oak leaves littering the side yard.**** On our last trip outside I hid behind a tree as she nosed around for good smells.  She found me and then went tearing off to the front of the house.

Because she was off-leash, I got a little nervous. She could get into all kinds of trouble on our busy corner. [As much as Z frets about loud cars, she is known to step into the street.]

Then, just as I reached the other side of the house, Zelda jumped out of the flowerbed.

"Surprise!"

She had been hiding in the Vinca. Could she be playing hide-and-seek? I guess I started it. I am beginning to think that Ms. Zelda is going to surprise us a great deal.

Now, if she would just take care of those dreaded dust bunnies!


NOTES:

* Dust and cat hair...an old cat with health issues can mean a ridiculous amount of shedding of fur. So perhaps we should call these dusty hairballs? Furry dust bunnies? It is not dog hair as Z is a mix of a couple of varieties of non-shedding breeds.

** There have been a couple of Netflix binging periods we probably shouldn't mention.

*** Why is it that things always look much worse before getting better? Why am I not more organized? Why is the sky blue?

****Yes, I need to mow them up, but the mower died. That's next - yard work.


FINAL NOTE:

The above was yesterday. Today Zelda and Hobbes are chasing around the house. I suppose it is "tag" today. I've called them down twice. Peace for a moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.