Monday, June 27, 2016

Touring

The internal clock has readjusted. I was up at 6 a.m. to bright sun. We are in Skibbereen* - a stronghold for Irish music. And there will be music tonight.

DH types frantically on his computer behind me. We have connectivity everywhere - some powerful, some meh. Still, it is a long-sight better than traveling with only mail and an occasional (rare and expensive) long distance phone call.**

We are waiting for breakfast...then he will walk me to Mass before we start the "tour" part of the day (Famine Museum,*** Drombeg Stone Circle,**** and a long hike).

We remain undecided about the value of a long tour. One doesn't pick anything except the vague outline of locale (west of Ireland) and subject (folk music). Everything else is a crap shoot (Pardon my language, dear readers. I know there are other descriptors, but this fits best.). So far we have noted pros and cons - mostly "pros." We try to be on good behavior as we don't want to be "cons" for anyone else.

Ferns and "wall flowers" on cemetery wall, Adare, Ireland.

NOTES:

*Yes - Ireland - need I mention my affair once again?
http://walkinthepark-padimus.blogspot.ie/2014/09/i.html

** I forget sometimes the dramatic changes - not just in Ireland, but world-wide - in the last 40 or so years.

***Nothing like the Famine Museum after a big Irish breakfast. But we must fuel for the rest of the day's journey. I won't hike for penance, but will pray hard at Mass and light some candles. God bless, all!

****http://www.megalithicireland.com/Drombeg.htm

PLEASE NOTE - This was the only post I wrote in Ireland. All the rest are written "looking back."

2 comments:

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.