Saturday, June 21, 2014

Cat-sitting...

 I try to follow directions when cat-sitting:

    a. Brush her, but not on the stomach.
    b. Hide a few treats under the scratcher thing...make her work for them.
    c. Open the door so she can go out on the porch and eat some grass...
    d. Check food and water levels.
    e. Don't be insulted if she "meows" at you in a manner that feels like you are being yelled at in cat talk.
    f. Play with the mouse or bird on a string to make her exercise a bit.


Birdie spoke to me, but I did not feel that I was in trouble. It was conversational cat talk, not "cat cussing."  And, since she refused to talk for the first three days of my last cat-sitting experience, I felt like I was finally accepted. Then I realized I had just finished lunch with friends where I had spilled a good bit of seafood broth down my shirt. I suspect Birdie was asking what I had done with the shrimp. "Sorry Birdie. I ate 'em!"

I had to call OC to find out if it was OK for there to be tissue paper on the floor. It looked as if Birdie had raided the "wrapping" supplies.* OC confirmed the paper was left for Birdie's amusement...little did I know. Wait for it.

We brushed and checked levels and talked. Birdie refused to go out onto the porch - even though I left the door WIDE opened for a good long time. I went out on the porch and watered the plants. She found the hidden treats. She chased and killed the "mouse-on-a-string."**


And then it was on.

Tissue paper at the door.
You gonna brush me or not?
Any birds out there?
I thought I heard a tweet.
Time to attack the paper.
Wrestle, wrestle, wrestle...
I won that round.


















You don't see me...
Bang! Boom! Rustle! Whoosh! ($*$*&(*#)@!!!
Did you see that? Did you?
There! I win.
Finished this one off too!
Where ARE those birds?
Go away! You bother me.

Having killed the dreaded tissue paper monster, Birdie settled in her window spot and watched for the birds***

Having done my cat entertainer/exerciser/companion duty, I went home.


NOTES

* She likes "bling." You cannot tell from the photos, but the tissue was sprinkled with multicolored glitter.

**She actually grabbed the mouse in her TEETH a couple of times and tried to walk away with it. I suspect she would be a great "mouser" (if such a creature was needed).

***When I visit, Birdie looks towards the porch doors most of the time. She is always looking over her shoulder, watching for the birds at the feeder outside. She spends much of her time in the corner, hidden by the curtain, waiting. And that is how you know you are "dismissed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.