Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Little dog lost

Well, I know that many of you have been worrying about poor Abby - the boxer lost in the cold and rainy weather.

Today, as we were walking past the house with the red door - halfway to the park (where Abby's owner said they lived and where we KNEW they lived as Abby often barks at us as we pass by on our walks), the young man from two nights ago ran out of the red door. His arms were full of books and we surmised he was a student, almost late for class.

I shouted, "Did you find Abby?" He looked up and said they did. "Are you the neighbors (don't you love that word?) who loaned me the flashlight?" Then he ran back into the house to retrieve it.

The dogs and I kept walking and DH waited for the flashlight. [After all, we got it on a "training" vacation in the Texas hill country. It came from the last Gibson's store in the world. I had no idea how attached DH was to the flashlight until I had sent it out into the night with the unknown neighbor - that word again - and was reminded by my sweet boy.]

DH caught up with us a block or so down the street. He was still missing a small yellow flashlight, but did have a great story.

It seems the neighbors searched for Abby most of the night. The flashlight came in handy. They finally found her near a fried chicken place about two miles away. [I am sure they just set the flashlight down and collapsed when they got home.]

So, there you go, a little Thanksgiving miracle.

[We will update you on the status of DH's flashlight. I may have to drive to that Gibson's to get a new one for his stocking!]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.