Saturday, July 13, 2013

6:30 am on Saturday, why is there so much traffic?

DH and I headed west today to walk along Main Street and into North Belton...no one to bother there. It was a mellow walk and we caught up on this and that. No hills bothered the old dogs (or old lady).

The master garden we passed on our return home was full of bees and wasps and butterflies. I still stop to see if I recognize these flutterers. I am reminded that I failed to mention the almost swarms of dragonflies on yesterday's walk. I can often differentiate among the bees and wasps and butterflies, but I don't know more than the collective "dragonflies." I know a couple of people who do, but they are scientists and I wonder if they would baffle me with Latin names and whether I would lose the "magic."

It was good to get in a few walks this weekend as we are threatened with rain every day next week. I suppose it is silly to use "threatened" to describe this forecast. Perhaps "promised" is more appropriate.The ground is cracking. Lake levels have dropped (and continue down). Surrounding communities are rationing. Yes, "promised" is the correct work.

Rain, this is the "other day" of the song. Come again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.