Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Who's been eating my collards?

We have been busy and life exhausting. [Sorry for the whine, but it's my excuse and I am using it.] We haven't been walking, much.

But, we DO spend a little time documenting sightings of the bunny.

I took the day off today and was trying to be gracious, walking DH out to his car (making sure he was leaving and not, last minute, deciding to interfere with my day) and talking about a (potentially imaginary) home-cooked meal that would be waiting for him when he returned home.

"The bunny is in the street," he said.

"Well, he better get out of the street," replied the still functioning mother in me.

So I walked around to "herd" it back into the yard. I was operating blindly at this point. I had not seen the bunny, but trusted that DH knew what he was talking about. He generally does.

Yes, there he was, encouraged into the yard. And he seemed to watch us until we saw where he was sitting - sitting very still by the pistache. Then he bounced off through the front yard, giving what seemed to be a joyful little kick.

As I watered the containers of wilting plants I discovered that "someone has been eating my collards." They are last year's collards weirdly hanging on for another season and should have been pulled up. I am happy to share them with the bunny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.