Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Weird little walk - but our friends were in the park!

The dogs are still at the vet. We returned from our large creature adventure (train and dinosaurs) too late to pick them up.

So DH and I took a pretty quick walk to the park and back. It needed to be quick as we overslept a little, dragging after hours on the road in the past few days. I need to calculate our mileage. It might help me give myself a little break.

We were too late to see any creatures save insects, but we saw Banana Man! We have been walking so early and sporadically that we have missed him. And we missed him.

Sorry nothing exciting to share, but will try and catch a couple of bugs and such to add at the end. These are from the yard. Found them while watering a bit this a.m.



I had to use a flash as I am too wobbly with telephoto and tiny subjects. Must have the FAST take of the flash.


True bug on the photinia

Lizard on the aspidistra

Snail (I have tried to eradicate these, but this was in a far corner of the yard).

Unclear what kind of spiders make these webs, but they are interesting.

OK. One flower insisted. Love my daylilies. They have been beautiful this summer.


[Tried to snap a photo of what seemed an enormous spider weaving across our pass-through from the sidewalk to the side yard. I had started to take the shortcut at the end of the walk, but that giant spider scared me. Funny, but when I tried to photograph it, I discovered that it was so small the camera really couldn't register on it. I just got a grey blur. Well, I guess size is relative. The camera sees one thing and the walker sees another.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.