Friday, August 23, 2019

Market Day in Bantry

Taste and try before you buy.
~ Irish Proverb

Oh the colors and the action! It was gorgeous...and it happens every Friday.

Plants and herbs
I needed this vest, but had no room for it in the suitcase.
Tools
Jewels
There was a great deal of conversation
Bread - The bread was beautiful!
More plants. There was one nursery going out of business.
We had no kitchen so I had to leave the vegetables alone.
The variety was stunning.
40 years ago fruit was less plentiful.

Bouquets of carrots!
There are things that would have come home with me, had we lived there.

This little gem was beyond my weight limit for the plane.
It was a feast! And they do it EVERY FRIDAY!
Chickens and ducks
Baby Monkey puzzle trees - I love these trees!
No one wants to eat their beets, but they will eat their lettuce (or so it appears. I'd eat those beets!).
The mushrooms were glorious and varied. The vendor gave me a pamphlet about the benefits of eating mushrooms.
Really - couldn't you cry?
DH was napping or I can tell you where we would have had lunch.
One little busker entertained. Lovely child and already pretty good on the fiddle.
My attempt to capture the scene only succeeded in capturing the market square cobbles.
My score for the day. Yes, I exercised a great deal of restraint. I couldn't help, but pick up some bread and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.