Thursday, May 15, 2014

Singing wires

The house is not back to normal, but we are a little more settled since the thunderstorms are more than 24 hours gone.

DH and I moved slowly - his was workout weary while mine was mowed late, but SLEPT IN MY OWN BED joint-stiff! Paddy seemed calm enough last night that she did not need a sleep-over on the living room floor.* Whew!

We walked to the park with regular collars and leashes. I have tried our walks the last couple of days without the pinch collars. I started using them because the dogs are so much stronger than I am. They can pull me down; they have pulled me down. I am clumsy enough on my own. So far they are doing well, but today they did create a twisted "candy cane" look as they moved round each other - jockeying for position.

The almost-full moon brightened the before-dawn walk. It was still almost shocking to see a clear sky with stars, but no dark clouds menacing us.

I am always surprised by the difference between pre - and post-dawn walks. Today we realized they have added another light in the park.  I suppose there were dark corners they wanted to illuminate. We walked on to the sports fields - to get the dogs a drink. The wires of the high fences surrounding the fields "pinged" and "sang" as we walked by.

NOTES:

* I continue to find casualties of her thunderstorm fret and frenzy. One of my favorite t-shirts is torn - shredded at some point two days ago.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.