Sunday, December 6, 2015

It's a pretty place...really

I have been driving around with a bag of clay covered aprons (if I am washing mine, I might as well wash them all) and a couple of ridiculously dirty pairs of pants (when I wear long pants the clay gets all over them. I do better in shorts or pedal-pushers - I can wash the little bit of clay from them). The cool weather has required warmer clothing and so I have gathered a few pairs of filthy jeans. I cannot wash them at home or I fear our sad plumbing will revolt.

The plan has been to hit the laundromat with a pocketful of quarters and an hour. But I know that there are better times to go than others. Still, I have been busy and only found myself free at non-optimal times (like Friday evening - everyone is there on Friday evening)...until this morning.

There were few people up early on a Sunday morning. I grabbed a machine and dropped some quarters.

Part of the time I read a magazine - disturbed only by someone winning at the change machine (I swear they sound just like old slot machines paying off). And I was able to grab some views of the patterns.*

I wanted to open all the doors, but I figured the couple of folks waiting for their machines to stop would call the police - "There's a woman acting very weird at the laundromat!" [Don't those doors look a little like spectacles?]
The cheap machines (and by cheap, I mean less expensive than others. It takes a lot of quarters for clean clothes.). There are others across the way that hold more clothes and cost a bit more.
Each machine hangs out with its own kind.
When I emptied the washer I discovered this stray. I figured someone might come back for it so I dried it and left it on the table. [Now you know where missing socks go - they hand out at the laundromat.]
The soap machine looked so retro.
Aprons waiting to be folded (I did not take them home in a wad...really). They will be clean and ready for clay in January.


NOTES:

* I am not an orderly person, but I love rows of things. My eye is attracted to grids and stacks and rows...










No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.