Friday, October 25, 2013

Jacket Weather

ICE - No, it's not that cold. But I have injured a foot and OC told me "ICE" - ice it, use compression bandages, and elevate it.

I tried the compression last night and was able to walk on it without pain this a.m. [Past mornings have brought initial searing pain, followed by dull pain and a limp...]

So, overconfident, I put on hiking shoes (one looks normal, the other is big with bandage and sock) and walked the dogs for the first time in a long time.

DH felt sorry for me and came along.

It was a slow walk. No one "hustled" the dogs to move along because I needed to take it slow. They loved the opportunity to smell everything along our normal path.

The light of the waning gibbous moon allowed us to see the enormous grey cat at the top of the steep hill. Then, silhouetted against the glow of the streetlight, a doe stopped and then crossed from the grassy lot to the park. She was followed by another, then another.

DH, Paddy, Scruffy, and I stopped at the top of the hill. We wanted to allow the entire herd to cross, but the dogs were anxious to give chase. We compromised and kept walking. I could see a buck, still in the darkness of the field. He did not cross, recognizing these dogs and people would block his route.

It was a prefect fall Friday walk...the first of many.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.