Thursday, November 22, 2012

Half a walk - beautiful fall day.

Finally felt "up to" a short walk.

The sun was already well up and shining in my eyes as we (pups and I) headed east towards the park. There was never really a thought of making it all the way as I knew I must save energy for at least one more trip "out" today (our giving thanks meal later this morning).

Few cars drove by and fewer neighbors were about. One man was picking up branches in the front of his house. His dog was off leash - a big old brown hound. The dog didn't fret over us, just watched at the curb - silent sentry.

Paddy fretted enough for all. She seems in need of another adventure at the springs with Ruby, Stanley and Hugo. I don't have the energy or breath for that yet, but soon...

Some neighborhood houses were abandoned - families off to grandma's? Some houses appeared overloaded - must be grandma's house.

The leaves are changing. The altheas are turning yellow. Some pecan trees are already naked against the sky, husks dark and open, pecans spilled underneath. Our red oak is bright with fall.

This crisp morning, excited dogs, fall colors are the medicine I need today...I am thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming along on the walk. Your comments are welcome.